Having received NewSPAL's 2019 to 2021 Business Plan from the Trustees (downloadable at the foot of this page) SCC have set up a consultation to gauge user reaction to aspects of the Plan.
The consultation runs until 3rd February 2019, which means its results will be available for the Surrey County Council Cabinet Meeting, in Kingston, on Tuesday 26th February. This is where the final decision on NewSPAL's suitability to take over SPAL will be decided - the final decision we have waited over a year to receive.
Before you complete the survey, we invite you to read the comments below.
SCC have represented NewSPAL's proposals for the running of SPAL as well as possible given the limited space (and little time to put the survey together). They have tried hard to paint a full picture. There are always a few things though that don't come across or could be expressed better, hence these remarks:
NewSPAL's proposals include taking on all the material currently in SPAL. As well as the multiple music and drama
sets for performance, that includes the chamber music and other music for individuals, the collection of books and other resources related to drama, music, dance and film.
- if you are a librarian, MD or committee member of a drama or music group using performance sets from SPAL, you will want to fill in the survey with that 'hat' on
- if you are a member of a group that uses SPAL for performance materials, drama or music (even if not responsible for doing the actual research or borrowing), then you too will probably want to complete the survey with your group in mind
- if you are a member of a group that uses SPAL for performance materials, drama or music, AND you are also an individual user, whether for music, drama, books or other resources, then you may want to complete the survey in your individual capacity, rather than with your group in mind
- if you are solely an individual user of SPAL, independent of any group, please do complete the survey in that capacity
- if you are none of the above, you can say so in the survey, and please do still complete it, eg if you're a network, national organisation, local charity, or a festival
We hope this will make more sense once you go through the survey... which doesn't ask the capacity in which you are completing it until a fair way in.
At every stage you can go back to all the previous questions, so if you decide part way through to change your 'hat', you can always go back and amend your answers.
And question 17 gives you scope, in whatever capacity, to write up to 200 words of comments, so if you find you're not able to get your thoughts across with the multiple choice questions, this is your chance to do so.
Click here for:
Surrey Performing Arts Library and the proposed transfer to NewSPAL
Please pass the page link below to your drama and music contacts in Surrey, West Sussex, and further afield. NewSPAL want to demonstrate positive support for our plans from within the County and beyond, and from every type of user. This breadth of interest and support will be essential to the success of Surrey's re-established Performing Arts Library.
And finally ! Please put 2pm Tuesday 26th February in your diary when the final NewSPAL decision will be taken at Surrey County Hall in Kingston. We hope to see as many of you there as possible.
Click here to support NewSPAL with funds and/or by volunteering